Re: Does any one on this group have Interstitial Cystitis?

Thu May 2 12:02:38 2002

I was also diagnosed with interstitial cystitis when they had no clue what was going on with my bladder...(I didn't have it). But, when I was hospitalized out in California last summer the doctor asked me about it. He told me that it never really goes away and it is very painful. He indicated that his wife suffered from the condition and had been for quite some time. Other than that I don't know much about the condition. Karla Millie <milliem@citlink.net> wrote: Back in 1985, I was diagnosed with IC. I'd have to get out of bed every 5 or 10 minutes to pee. I worked in a factory, and my "co - workers" would run to the bosses and tell them I went off of the line to the bathroom. I was sent to personnel, and asked, "Why don't you wear a sanitary pad on the line?? Then you won't have to leave the line." The nurse went so far as to call me anorexic. I think she was a bit confused. I ended up having a hydrostatic bladder distention, which hurt a lot. They overfill your bladder and stretch it. There are also medications they can give you. Hope this helps you some. Millie.

>----- Original Message -----
From: "Christy Slatsky" To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS"

Sent: Thursday, May 02, 2002 12:31 AM Subject: Does any one on this group have Interstitial Cystitis?

> Hello to all. I was just wondering if anyone is suffering with
> Interstitial Cystitis (IC) as well as adhesions? I have been covered in
> adhesions each time I have had surgery but this last time the doctor
> looked at my bladder and found out that I had IC. I was just wondering
> if any one else suffers from this and how they are handling it. Besides
> my adhesions this may be the culprit to my chronic pain. Anyway...if
> anyone can give me some insight I would greatly appreciate it. My
> prayers are with you all.
>
> In Peace,
> Christy Slatsky- suffering in Alabama
> slatsky5@bellsouth.net