Methadone withdrawal

Thu May 2 09:21:12 2002

I see many have written on Mehtadone. I have been on it for 4 years now and tried to detox once last summer. It was really awful as I went from 6 pills per day to 1 and 1/4. I had to lie around all summer (after my last surgery with Dr. Korell) and felt as though I had a severe flu. What surprised me is the lack of help that I was offered by my health plan. There simply wasn't any and I was treated like someone who used it for heroin withdrawal. They actually suggested that I go to one of those clinics with the drug addicts. Needless to say the nerve regenerated and the pills slowly crept up to 3 per day but now I am about to do it again and this time I know how to do it. You can only go down by 1/4 pill per week and if the skin burns too much, Clonidine works well. For the agitation, Valium works wonders. And that is all there is out there for help with the exception of an inpatient treatment center in which they bring you down quickly by putting you in a coma like state for 4 to 5 days. It is 1,500 per day. No thanks. Wish me luck, please. Love, Joanne

--
Joanne

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: