Re: surgery?

Wed May 1 09:15:40 2002

Kel, You are right. I am not going to jump into this surgery. The urologist stated that he will have to weigh the disadvantages against the advantages. The only reason I will go ahead with this would be if not having the surgery would mean additional damage to my kidneys. My continuing to survive depends on the health of my kidneys so I will do whatever is necessary to continue enjoying my granddaughters. I will not have surgery to rid myself of the pain that the stones have added to my life. I have lived with the constant shooting pain down both my flanks for over a month now...I can deal with it..even though the MS Contin doesn't touch it. This new doctor totally respects my condition and does not want to do anything to worsen it. But, I will be honest with you. If my plastic reconstructive surgeon were to find a reconstructive urologist who would be willing to do a urinary revision that would remove the adhesions from around my ureters I would jump at it in a heartbeat. That is the surgery that I was supposed to have last year and it would have given me the chance to have properly functioning kidneys and potentially a much prolonged life. Unfortunately, there isn't much chance of that happening. Karla Kelly Murray <mkmurray@cyberport.com> wrote: 1F13562B-7A7B-4A63-85F9-6AFE1DD1ABE0no-repeat#ffffff0px0px06F37D30-2BF8-11D4-BA28-0050DAC68030006F37D30-2BF8-11D4-BA28-0050DAC680301612CC2B0-37C9-11D4-BA36-0050DAC680300612CC2B0-37C9-11D4-BA36-0050DAC680301E351EDC0-37CD-11D4-BA36-0050DAC680300X-ASN,X-ASH,X-AN,X-AP,X-AD;Karla,I thought you were dead set against any kind of surgery?Kel -------Original Message------- From: adhesions@adhesions.orgDate: Wednesday, May 01, 2002 01:47:13 AMTo: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONSSubject: surgery? Hi all,

I wanted to ask you all if you have heard of this and have you give me your thoughts.

When I was in the hospital in Chicago they found kidney stones in both kidneys as well as blocking one of my ureters. That stone passed but the others remain. They told me that I needed to get a new urologist up here to treat it. Well, I saw the new doctor yesterday and he was, needless to say, quite upset with how they handled it. It has been a month and I continue to be in all the pain from the stones. He scheduled me for another CT on Monday and has told me that I will have to have something done with them. He told me that they couldn't do the normal procedures because of my urostomy. He didn't think they should do the blasting either because they would probably block up my ureters. What he said would have to be done is going in through my back and actually removing the stones from each kidney. It is an actual surgical procedure. Has anyone heard of this? Any thoughts? With my having renal failure ! in the past this is a big concern.

Karla

Yahoo! Health - your guide to health and wellness ____________________________________________________ IncrediMail - Email has finally evolved - Click Here Yahoo! Health - your guide to health and wellness ____________________________________________________

Yahoo! Health - your guide to health and wellness

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: