Re: Welcome Home, Jo

Tue Apr 30 09:27:29 2002

Jo, So nice to see you posting. I do want to voice my concerns here. What dose of oxycontin are you taking? For Shane to take three of them plus a valium when he doesn't normally take any, seems to be very excessive. I guess its none of my business but you all have become like a family to me and I really worry about you. Please let me know. Love, Karla Jo Eslick <joanne@bombobeach.com> wrote: Oh you are a sweety Cheryl!

I can actually feel some benefits from the surgery, in the upper abdo area where they took down a lot of adhesions they weren't expecting, I believe they are from a car accident I had some years ago. My bowel was a mess, and is all back in the right places.....I hope.... I am feeling lots of pain in the upper left quadrant and I have pain in the right side, same spot as before surgery.

My tummy feels lighter somehow, but I have lots of aches from the car accident. I am so worried that all the good work the surgeons have done, has been a little messed up, I just pray it's not too much! I didn't realise how much pain I was in until after the surgeons told me where I had adhesions!! It explained why some days the pain was over here and then the next day over there!

Shane is pretty messed up, I just spent another three hours with him over at the local hospital, he has back and neck problems and possibly some broken ribs or bruised cartalidge. They would have kept him over night except that the hospital is actually full at the moment!

So he is asleep next to me in bed, dosed up with three of my oxycodone and a valium (Under doctors direction of-course). Sometimes it is hard to stay positive when everything keeps going wrong for us, but you know, my personality can't help it... I always have to find the good, the blessings in each situation..... if all of our children had made the trip to Sydney with Shane to pick me up from hospital, then, right now I could be dealing with the loss of or a seriously injured child.

Instead, we lost the family car, we left in ambulances from the scene of the accident and then we came home on a train. God is good, and watching over my family, we are alive, we are whole though battered and bruised, shaken and not keen to travel in a car..... :) but whole we are, and a family still. What happens from here on in is dependant on our ability as a family to draw strength from each other and to accept what has happened and most importantly get on and enjoy the life we have.

This last seven to eight weeks has taught me much, from how much pain a person can stand to how much our mind can control what is happening in our body. I also learned that i am only human, and while I make use of my diversional therapies keenly to help me cope with pain, sometimes.... pain relief IS the easy way out, especially when so readily available! Then it causes more complications like severe constipation bordering on a blockage! (Now THAT was uncomfortable!)

--
Love and gentle hugs,
Joanne Eslick
Founder Australian Adhesions Support Group
http://www.bombobeach.com
Australian Co-ordinator of
International Adhesions Society
http://www.adhesions.org

--
I am not a medical person, and all my messages are based
on personal experience. I am a fellow adhesions sufferer
reaching out to help others.