Re: Clare: Kerfluffle

Thu Apr 25 07:51:09 2002

Kerfluffle...hmmmm... I guess I always thought that it was an Irishism, as my parents used it a lot. Nancy, you are probably right, it's a Canadianism! I presume it could also be spelled kerfuffle, as I've heard people say that, but my parents definetly put the other "L" in there too. Now, to define it...

Disturbance, excitement, ruckus, mayhem, commotion or fuss. How'd I do? Probably ruckus and mayhem are the closest - what do you think?

You know, if I delve deep enough, there's propbably a lot more of those lurking around in my brain (scary thought). A favorite of mine that my Mom used was "streelish"! LOL

Hugs,

--
Clare

At Wed, 24 Apr 2002, Nancy E. Hale wrote: > >At 4/24/02 06:30 PM -0500, you wrote: >>Dear Jo: >> >>I'm so glad to hear that you are home (even with kerfluffle on the way). >>Rest, and take care of yourself. >> >>Hugs, >> >>Clare > >Hey Clare: > >I'm not sure but you may have to explain what a "kerfluffle" is to Jo - I >think that is a Canadianism *LOL* Now this I want to hear.... > >Hugs, > >Nancy in NB

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: