Re: Short Bowel Syndrome

Mon Apr 22 08:47:47 2002

I have also have short bowel syndrome since 8/00. I also have trouble dehyration and iron that I have had two blood transfusion and have had a few IV drips for dehydration. Just two weeks I had rectual fissula outpatient surgery due to chronic dirreaha. Just a relief! I would love to be on morphine and was on it for along time but the doctor said no more because I have become addicted to it. I don't have constipation problems, sometimes when I have to go, I HAVE TO GO.....It's that loooose.

At Fri, 19 Apr 2002, Karla N wrote: >
>Traci,
>
>I just did a little bit of research on short bowel syndrome and must say that this could possibly be a problem I have. I have had bowel removed....I don't know just how much. They have used bowel tissue in rebuilding my original bladder, then they used it to make an entirely new bladder and I also had a bowel resection. When they did finally remove my bladder the ureters that they made were also made from bowel.
>
>For years I had difficulty with my bowels....I had diahrea (sp?) all the time and my blood levels showed that I suffered from chronic malnutrition. Fortunately, the last year or so has been absent of the diahhrea. Perhaps because I take the high doses of morphine. Perhaps, for once, something is working in my behalf. Because of the narcotics I now tend to be constipated...although I do not have to go as far as using medication to loosen things up. My thought is that I would still be suffering with diahhrea if I wasn't using the opiates that cause constipation.
>
>Your thoughts?
>
>Karla

--
Traci

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: