Poss.adhesions after hysto/impossible intercourse

Fri Apr 19 15:17:30 2002

I am 40y old, 7 1/2 mos. post-op for a hystorectomy, repair for cyctocele/ rectocele. I've had continuing problems w/ granulation tissue in the vagina, have been to the dr. 5x since Nov for cauterizing or lasering. Thru out this time, intercourse has been increasingly difficult. After last night it's now impossible. I'm seeing dr next week with husband to discuss possiblity of adhesions. Now for the questions:

The pain has gotten worse with intercourse over the past couple months, is this the pattern of adhesions? Does bleeding or spotting occur? Can it causing increasing and new pain (aches/sharp shooting? It now radiates to my back and entire abdominal area. Can it cause menstraul-like cramps and aches? Are adhesions more likely or tied to the presence of granulation tissue?

I'm not a coward or whimp. 3 out of 4 children born medication free (including my last which was an undiagnosed breech delivery). Yet last night I literally bit my lip until it bled and sobbed after sex. Today I feel like I've been beaten with a broom. Any input would be greatly appreciated

What questions should I ask my doctor? What are treatments to pursue?

Please feel free to email me Tamedshru@aol.com

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: