Gas Prices...Copy and Paste And Forward!!

Thu Apr 18 15:19:03 2002

WHERE TO BUY GASOLINE AND AVOID SUPPORTING TERRORISM: Yisrael Medad of the Begin Center sent the following information. Every time you fill up the car, you can avoid putting more money into the coffers of Saudi Arabia. Just buy from gas companies that don't import their oil from the Saudis.

Nothing is more frustrating than the feeling that every time I fill up the tank, I am sending my money to people who are trying to kill me, my family and my friends. I thought it might be interesting for you to know which oil companies are the best to buy gas from. Major companies that import Middle Eastern oil (for the period 9/1/00 - 8/31/01):

Shell 205,742,000 barrels Chevron/Texaco 144,332,000 barrels Exxon/Mobil 130,082,000 barrels Marathon 117,740,000 barrels Amoco 62,231,000 barrels

If you do the math at $30/barrel, these imports amount to over $18 BILLION!

Here are some large companies that do NOT import Middle Eastern oil:

Citgo 0 barrels Sunoco 0 Conoco 0 Sinclair 0 BP/Phillips 0

All of this information is available from the Department of Energy and can be easily documented. Refineries located in the U.S. are required to state where they get their oil and how much they are importing. They report on a monthly basis. Keep this list in your car; share it with friends. Stop paying for terrorism!

DO YOU REMEMBER LAST MAY, WHEN GAS PRICES WERE THREATENING TO GO TO $2.00 PER GALLON? I ACTUALLY PAID $2.05 PER GALLON IN OHIO. WELL, THEY ARE TRYING TO DO IT AGAIN. WE E-MAILED EVERYONE IN OUR ADDRESS BOOKS, AND ASKED EVERYONE ELSE TO DO THE THE SOLUTION IS SIMPLE: WE JUST BOYCOTT EXXON AND MOBILE, THE TWO LEADERS IN THE INDUSTRY, AND BOYCOTT THE OTHER FOUR OR FIVE OIL COMPANIES THAT ARE BUYING OIL FROM THE MIDEAST, AND WE WILL AIM A DOUBLE BARREL SHOT GUN AT THE COMPANIES THAT SUPPORT TERRORISM IN THE MIDEAST, AND SIMPLY JUST BUY FROM THE OTHER FOUR OR FIVE COMPANIES WHO DON'T BUY OIL FROM THE TERRORIST-SUPPORTING COUNTRIES.

IT IS YOUR MONEY! SPEND IT WISELY! JUST SAY "NO" TO MIDEASTERN COUNTRIES WHO SUPPORT TERRORISM!

WE SENT THIS OUT IN MAY OF 2001, AND IT WORKED!!! THE FOLLOWING WAS SENT BY AN ECONOMIST WITHIN THE FUEL INDUSTRY. ANOTHER ECONOMICS PROFESSOR AT CAL REITERATED THE SAME LAST WEEK. I THINK IT IS WORTH TRYING.

I got this from a reliable source, and the website listed is legit. We heard today from a man who is very savvy about the economy, namely: Clark Howard, and he says that the gas prices are going to start going up again and will be high this summer - $2.00 and up. We need to do whatever we can, and do it NOW!!!!

By now, you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $1.49 is cheap. Me too, as it is now $1.58 for regular unleaded! Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at less than $1.50, we need to try an aggressive response. With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take ACTION!

The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we don't buy it. But, (as the gas companies know full well, and are counting on) that's not really a practical option, since we all have come to rely on our cars. But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together.

Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, don't purchase gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one) namely: EXXON and MOBIL. You see, if they are not selling, they should be inclined (i.e., "forced") to reduce their prices. And, because of their size and hence market share, if they reduce their prices, the other companies will, too. They would have no choice! Isn't that a "juicy" prospect? But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of users. But it is do-able!

I am sending this note to 42 people. If each of you send it to at least 10 more ...and those 10 send it to at least 10 more and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth iteration, we will have reached over one million consumers. Acting together, we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on (or one you compose) to at least 10 more e-mail addresses.

This makes more sense than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" routine that was going around last year regarding Gasoline Prices.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO BELOW $1.28 - $1.29 AND KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK! If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!!!

UNITED WE STAND!

PLEASE FORWARD THIS, WITH OR WITHOUT YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS, TO EVERYONE IN YOU ADDRESS BOOK. THESE TERRORISTS HAVE COST OUR ECONOMY BILLIONS OF DOLLARS. WE M*U*S*T STOP CONTRIBUTING TO THEIR BANK ACCOUNTS.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: