Re: Ultram Addiction

Fri Apr 12 13:26:31 2002

At Fri, 30 Mar 2001, Joshua Friedman wrote: >
>I am an attorney doing research on the addictive potential of Ultram. If
>I find that many people have become physically dependent on Ultram, I
>will consider bringing a class action lawsuit against the manufacturer.
>If you have experienced withdrawal syptoms when stopping Ultram, or are
>unable to stop taking Ultram, I would be grateful if you could drop me
>an email, or call me at (212) 308-4338. All contacts will be protected
>by the attorney-client priviledge.
>
>Sincerely,
>
>--
>Joshua Friedman
>

Dear Sir

I was researching the internet for class action suits for a friend who has had some problems with Ultram. He contacted me because of the fact that he knew I had a problem 4 1/2 years ago. I went through a horendous withdrawal. The drug was perscribed by a Physical Therapist (which masked my shoulder problem). I ended up being referred to a Surgeon (who I could tell was pissed that I was not properly treated and ended up in his office, having to have surgery). After surgery, I was taking a new job moving from Massachusetts to North Carolina. I went to my family doctor and asked for a refill on my Utlram perscription in case I needed it, as I was not sure about my new insurance. That is when I found out for the first time that Ultram has a "morphine base". He was not the original perscribing physcian and had reservations about the drug. So right in the midst of starting a new job, I found myself going through terrible withdrawal. I could not think straight. I had terrible sleep disturbance. I was confused. My perception with regard to driving my car was off. My husband and son expressed great concern for my well-being. I was VERY arguementive, which was out of character for me. And worst of all, I found myself looking for excuses to continue to use the medication when I no longer needed it. If it were not for my doctor and his information and concern, my family concern for my behavior and my personal and professional knowledge of addiction I would be in full blown relapse after 20 years of sobreity. I have referred my friend to you and if there is anything I can do to help, please let me know. Ann Remington

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: