New to group, looking for similiar experiences

Thu Apr 4 16:52:58 2002

Hi Everyone,

I'll start by giving my history and I'll try to keep it brief.

In 1980, I had an ovarian cyst removed. (I was only 13) 20 years later (march 2000) I became suddenly ill. I ended up having surgery in which they discovered my right ovary had adhered to something and a fallopian tube had wrapped around my bowel and caused an obstruction. Everything was fine until October 2001 when I thought I had a bladder infection. I went to the dr with complaints of pain in my lower pelvic area and sure enough there was blood in my urine. The urine cultures however came back negative for bacteria. I was treated with anti biotics though. The uncomftorableness persisted so he gave me another anit biotic and then in December at my request, I had a pelvic ultrasound done. It too was negative. Now it is April and for the last couple of months or so, I have been experiencing pain in the area of my right ovary as well as that achy or crampy feeling in my lower pelvic area. The pain isn't excruciating and isn't there all day. It just makes me a little uncomftorable and alot scared. Well, I went back to the dr's today and sure enough, blood in my urine. I am going Monday for an IVP. I suggested the possibility of adhesions to my dr. He said if it was adhesions iit would be more of a crampy pain. This is how I would describe the lower pelvic pain I am experiencing. Anyway, Hope that wasn't too long winded. I think I'm looking for reassurance at this point to be honest. Hopefully, the IVP will be negative too. Thanks to everyone for listening. It's so good to know this message board is here. Sincerely, Jen

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: