Re: Surgery or Medicine????

Mon Apr 1 16:17:36 2002

Hi and thank you for your reply (thank you to Sally too!)

I'm confused b/c my doc does not really want to do surgery, and is not all that interested in pain management. I feel more and more desperate for one or the other. We've ruled out major things that would be on a CT/MRI or basic blood work up, so operating is not critical. I'm not up for a perpetual cycle of surgeries either, but if it would help then I'd love some relief. If not, has anyone heard of any non-surgical way of handling this chronic pain problem? They know that I have endometriosis, and w/the three abdominal surgeries there is a strong suspician of adhesions. Is it even worth finding out for sure or is it better to just try to live w/the way things are now? I don't know the answer anymore!

As for the shortness of breath,logically I am not convinced that it's anything other than anxiety - but my husband and friends all agree that it doesn't appear to be an anxiety problem. I don't show other normal symptoms of it, other than being REAL sick and tired of pain...

As I keep reading the archived posts, I feel more and more discouraged that there isn't any real hope to feel better, and the best thing to work toward is finding a way to live with pain and discomfort - even if it means never fulfilling some physical goals. Certainly there are worse things in life. And I am blessed in many ways. It is hard to wrap my brain around the possibility that there IS no 'fix'. What a bummer!

It's good to know that this board exists -

At Sun, 31 Mar 2002, Helen Dynda wrote: >
>Caroline, You said: "Every time I eat more than a very small amount of
>food, I am short of breath. Can't take a deep enough breath in, and
>don't feel like I can let enough air out."
>
>I know there is an adhesion condition, known as Fitz-Hugh-Curtis (FHC)
>Syndrome, that does cause breathing problems. I am not saying FHC
>syndrome is causing your breathing problem.
>
>I suggest that you read the following message - as well as other
>websites I will try to post. Then you will have a better idea as to
>whether your breathing problems could be related to FHC Syndrome.
>

--
Caroline

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: