Re: Methadone - DEFINATELY NOT FOR ME!

Thu Mar 28 05:07:02 2002

Dear Lesa:

So glad that your Dr. gave in and put on a medication where you don't feel loopy anymore. When I take mine I feel perfectly normal (hopefully act normal), but I did work and function in society without anyone knowing I was on anything. The 20mg is probably not strong enough, but also, although the oxy says it lasts 12 hours my PS even told me that it doesn't and usually will only last about 6 hours. I have built up some immunity to it, I'm sure, since I've been on it now for almost 2 years, but even in the beginning I would have breakthrough pain within about 4 to 6 hours. I was allowed from the very beginning 3 40's a day and this usually kept the pain at a low level although I've always had breakthrough pain as one cannot live in a glass house and must do some chores, or at the time was trying to work and I couldn't sit for long periods of time without breakthrough pain or walking through a mall would always bring on pain. Again, so happy that you are getting some relief and are not in la-la land anymore!!!

Love,

Hell-yun

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: