operative report

Wed Mar 20 14:04:49 2002

Hi All:

I had a diagnostic laparoscopy on March 6, and I got the operative report today (but the pathology isn't in yet). It's very long, but in a nutshell this is what it says. There was some endo on the left uterosacral ligament with hemorrhage and retraction around it and another small spot of endo in the cul-de-sac just below that ligament. The area below the ligament was cauterized. The ligament was biopsied in the area of endo, and the area of endo under the ligament was also biopsied. So far so good, but then my surgeon writes "but I was unable to establish an adequate angle in the area and could not grasp the peritoneum". I'm not sure what that means. The uterosacral ligaments were then cut. The left one oozed and was cauterized. The biopsy site also oozed slightly and was cauterized. After irrigation no more bleeding was seen.

There was an adhesion along most of the length of the right tube (I had the ovary removed - different surgery), which was binding the tube down to the underlying fossa. It was lyzed bluntly with a probe. He observes "adhesions between the proximal ascending colon and the lateral peritoneal side wall." Nothing was attempted here. He and I had an agreement that he would not convert to a laparotomy under any circumstances.

Whew, that was a lot longer than I intended it to be! Okay, so I figure that most of my pain comes from the colon adhesions, but if anyone can explain to me exactly (or even remotely) what this means I'd appreciate it. I got this info from my PC, and I don't see the surgeon until late next week. After the diag lap I felt just sore for a few days, but the tugging etc. was back one week to the day!

For those of you who are new to this site, I'd like you to know that for me, nothing has changed so far.

Wishing you all painfree moments, hours and days...

--
Clare

--
csheedy

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: