Helen C. from Sally

Tue Mar 19 15:30:08 2002

Dear Helly, Please, please don't let stupid people upset you. I know its hard. I have people in my own family who think less of me because I've stopped being "strong" and fighting the pain and have given in to pain meds. But it doesn't matter. Let him get a kidney stone and he will take a shot of mophine I'm sure. But that's not the point.

The point is that we chose to live at a functional level. We do the best that we can. I still volunteer, (though less) I still run the business, have animals, my mother-in-law, my step-son, foster kids (though all "grown" ) etc, etc but I chose to take meds whereby when I can sleep. I wake in the morning and want to live. It's hard to want to live in increasing pain. But when you really think of dying, boy you want to live badly, it's weird.

Well, I guess its not really weird, its normal. We all want to live, we just don't want to be in pain all the time. We want to be able to plan our days and follow through without winding up in the car back seat crying. I'm doing so much more now that I have the right meds for me. God Bless my doctor. I hope he hangs in there with me.

Helen, you have helped so many people. You should be proud of yourself. You are there for your children and for us on the board and for your husband, God Bless Him, too. Love, Sally

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: