Re: do adhesions reform if taken down with laparascope?

Mon Mar 18 20:18:27 2002

Brenda,

I don't mean to be "picking" on you.....unless you have some emergency situation that requires immediate surgery you need to start saying no. Please research the IAS site and learn about adhesions....they begin forming immediate following surgery and are done within two weeks afterwards. These doctors are making money off of you and in the mean time they are hurting you. You are not an extreme case. I would venture to guess that 90% of the individuals on this site have been told they were the worst that their doctor had seen. If you don't stop having these surgeries you are going to end up being an extreme case like I am. One of these surgeries may kill you or you may end up in a no win situation. I guess I am trying to get you to stop and take a look at things. I allowed my doctor to continue operating on me over and over...thinking he knew what was best. Now I am dying and I have no doctors willing to do the only surgery that could possibly save my life. Yes, I am in major pain...but not really any more pain than I was three or four years ago. I am receiving morphine now to keep me comfortable...they aren't willing to do anything other then keep me comfortable. I don't even get antibiotics anymore to fight off the constant infections. Does this scare you at all? To be honest, I hope so....because it has got to stop...you have to put your foot down. Like I said earlier...please read my story on the quilt.

--
Karla

Somewhere up in the stars................. My angel and me!

http://www.geocities.com/karlasfamily2001 http://www.geocities.com/princessd82000/BraydensHaven

>----- Original Message ----- From: "Brenda" <cooksterscamp2002@yahoo.com> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Monday, March 18, 2002 7:27 PM Subject: Re: do adhesions reform if taken down with laparascope?

> At Mon, 18 Mar 2002, rowdyladyrose@aol.com wrote: > > > >Gwen, > > > >Sometimes I think it is the luck of the draw. The first time I > >had adhesions removed, I had NO trouble until an ER doctor removed > >my appendix with an open incision 3 years later(not laparoscopy) and > >then BAM, adhesions again. Then I had a laparoscopy last May and they > > >started causing trouble almost right away. > >Hi, I'm writing because I have had multiple abdominal surgery's by way of completely opened up and by laparoscoptic. Neither works for me and I have to go in about every two years to have my entire abdomen cleaned up. Everyone heals differently, slow, fast nobody knows how you are going to heal. I know that my insides heal very slow and the longer it takes to heal the more scar tissue you get. The last time I had lasix of adhesions I was told that it was attached to my organs i.e. bowels, liver, bladder etc. They informed me that the next time would have to be by opening me up beacuse they could not get it all. I get very depressed every time because I never know what to expect when I wake up. I am only 43 yrs. old and have had over 15 surgeries on my abdomin. I think in my heart what started all of my mess was a c-section gone wrong about 21 years ago. I ended up with an abdominal abcess after the surgery and bam.. history has been written. Sorry to if I am discouraging! > , but I think I may be an extreme case. Good Luck. Brenda > > >Why some people's adhesions stay thin and flexible (causing no trouble) > >and some of us get the thick, sticky mass of yuck, who knows? > > > >Hang in there, > >Rose > > > >At Fri, 15 Mar 2002, gwen. wrote: > >> > >>Hello all! > >>I had adhesions taken down 2 days ago, and I was wondering if they > >>reform and when and why? Is it for sure they wil reform or just > >>some of us? help. > >> > >>Thanks- > >>gwen >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: