Dawn from Sally

Mon Mar 11 13:00:46 2002

>

Dear Dawn, I'm sorry I steered you wrong. Dr. Redan used to take insurance. I do have to say that my insurance company decides how much to pay and they paid $650 out of a bill of almost $20,000 total. That's all they considered it to be worth. No wonder the doctors don't want to take insurance. The amount of money being given by the companies is outrageously small, considering you're in the hospital, taking up at least four people's time in the operating room, usually more; you're being operated on for at least four hours ususally. The insurance companies need to get real. We can't afford the operations, The doctors can't afford to accept what the insurance companies pay. What good is insurance? Though I must say I'm glad I've had it. It has a lot to do with adhesions. They don't consider adhesions to be "real". They pay much more for simpler operations that take less time. I'm really glad I have a prescription plan for my medicine. That one is great.

Sorry to blather on so, Good luck and take care. All my prayers and wishes for good luck, Love, Sally

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: