>~ ~ ~ ~
>
>[]>Fitz-Hugh-Curtis Syndrome
>
>From: J.Glenn Bradley MD
>November 29,1998
>
>"The Fitz-Hugh-Curtis syndrome is associated with severe PID. Pus in
>the fallopian tubes leaks out and finds its way up under the diaphragm.
>The patient is usually very ill with peritonitis and high fever. When
>the infection is treated, the healing process may result in adhesions
>forming from the liver to the underside of the diaphragm. These are
>usually painless and found coincidently. Adhesions about the ovaries
>however frequently cause severe pelvic pain and tenderness."

Mine's not painless and I've had it for almost 30 years... I'm looking for answers and they've been hard to find. I believe I have or had Fitz-Hugh -Curtis syndrome. I had severe PID from an IUD when I was 18. I am now 47. I've learned to live with a searing pain in my right lower rib cage/diaphragm area, as it would only occur once every few months, and last only a minute or so, making breathing difficult. After doing a lot of exercise over a year ago, I was laid up with severe discomfort. Same place, same pain, only it didn't go away. slowly it reduced down to a couple of jabs a day, which is where I'm at now. Every time I go to a new doc, they insist on finding out about gall bladder health, and upon finding nothing, they lose interest in me. I had a fallopian tube reconstructed 12 years ago by the only doctor who saw the adhesions. He removed some of them. No one since knows anything about this kind of pain, what to do about it, how to avoid it, how best to live with it, etc. etc...I would love to talk with anyone out there who lives with something akin to what I have. I know that it all comes from adhesions from the PID from the IUD I had, though many doctors look at me like there's just no way it could last this long. If they can't see it, they don't get it. There must be many women out there who have similar complaints. How do I get in touch with them?

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: