Re Jennifer

Sun Mar 10 13:57:07 2002

Hi my name is Evelyn from New Zealand. My son Zac is turning 6 years old on the 27th. He to had surgery at birth to remove an obstruction in his entire bowel, I would appreciate hearing more on the type of surgery, when did you start suffering again and how.

In brief Zac had surgery on day 5 after lack of motions, vomitting bile constantly and distended stomach.

Two weeks in hospital after surgery he left hospital with infection, open wound and always crying and unsettled.

After many hospital admissions and now positive test results Exporitory Surgery showed masive adhesions throughout and joined to abdomin. Parts of bowel had looped and fluid filled pockets in bowel also.

A fantastic 1.5 years of no symptoms, then slowly they have returned. He is so constipated that laxatives do not seem to control, pain, soiling daily and sore legs.

He is soon to have an allegy test and for the first time for a while meeting a surgeon but surgery in my view is not to be considered until life threatening.

I have tried to find another child in the world his age to get support from but it seems to be no joy so far.

I do hope to hear from you as I can see Zac is more than likely to be just like you as he grows older.

Love to hear from you Jennifer, look after yourself and may the pain ease up a little.

Regards Evelyn watsayyou@xtra.co.nz

--
mums the word

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: