Re: Pain after eating/drinking? ????

Thu Feb 28 19:06:55 2002

Yes, it could signal the beginning of a blockage. My hubby had a ventral hernia, which strangulated. He couldn't even eat, but didn't reach the vomiting stage. There was severe pain, no matter how he tried to get comfortable. He ended up with emergency surgery, and 4 inches of the small bowel removed. This was in 2000. If the pain/vomiting get worse, get to an e.r. right away! Millie.

> ----- Original Message -----
From: Hchalm@aol.com To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2002 7:39 PM Subject: Re: Pain after eating/drinking? ????

Dear Jill:

Seems like you might have a blockage starting on your small intestines enabling you not to be able to pass food or water. You would think that they would be able to tell you this in the ER, but since I am not a medical professional, I'm at a loss for words. I would go to http://www.obgyn.net where you can ask medical professionals these types of questions and they will answer you right away and they will tell you who to call and see. Did you mention that you've had adhesions before and that this could be a possibility when you were in the ER?

Need input from other members here - could this be a blockage starting?

Love,

Hell-yun

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: