Re: Ultram Addiction

Wed Feb 20 14:06:45 2002

Hello Jackie,

I was on Ultram a couple years ago for constant pain and was told by my doctor that it WAS NOT addictive, even though I did become addicted quickly. There were many days where I felt good enough to not take the drug, but the resulting withdrawals(after only a couple hours) made me take a pill. The only way I was able to get off Ultram was to go cold turkey, but the good part was that withdrawals didn't last too long(couple days). Maybe you can be weaned? Let me know if you would like to talk more.

Dana

> ----- Original Message -----
From: Jacqueline Cooper To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2002 12:41 AM Subject: Re: Ultram Addiction

To whom this may concern,

I have no idea how big this forum is but I would appreciate if someone here would be willing to email me with some information. I have been doing research on a medication called Ultram, or more specifically its newer version Ultracet. I was in a car accident over the summer and about three months ago I started on Ultram 2 times a day. I was just upgraded to Ultracet a month ago and told to take it up to 4 times a day. I have been only taking it for one month at 2-3 pills a day..however two weeks ago I stopped sleeping and have been aching, having chills, stomach aches, overeating, under eating, experiencing extreme nervousness, and hot/cold flashes. I went in for a blood test but I have a sinking feeling it is going to show up normal. Is it possible that I could be addicted in so short a time at such a low dosage? If so, how do I stop this evil stuff without dropping out of all my classes (or maintaining some semblance of a life?!).

Sincerely yours,

Jackie

University of California, SC

2/18/02

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: