Possibly facing third attack of adhesions!

Tue Feb 12 19:49:58 2002

Hello all...I've read many of your postings and related to many. I have had 2 laparoscopies with lysis of adhesions in Sep 99 and Aug 00. The first experience I went through the whole gammet of tests with no apparent findings, until finally the GI I was seeing recommended I see my OB-GYN to discuss possible endometriosis. After the first scope adhesions were found and removed..along with very, very hyperperastalsis. Not a year later...the pain returned. Then the second scope came with again lysis of adhesions however, the recovery turned into a nightmare for me, as in the recovery room, I experienced uncontrolled shaking and ended up being diagnosed with seizures (WHICH I AM HAPPY TO NOW SAY WAS NOT THE CASE..the neurologist was completely wrong. I ended up on Dilantin and became toxic on it..thus ending up back in the hospital for treatment of that. It ended up being a 2 month recovery and loss of my job for excessive absenteeism. So...as for today, I have been having pain for the past 3 weeks, with it getting worse. I have that sharp, stabbing pain in my right lower quadrant, constant cramps, and abdominal distention. I also experience pain with intercourse. I am 90% sure that the adhesions are back and I know what's going to happen next...however I am very scared! I guess I am just in need of venting my frustrations to those who understand and also was wondering if anyone has had any tests done, other than a scope, that have shown adhesions or if anyone has any great advice on what has worked for you to help stay pain free for a long period of time. Thanks for reading this. Heather.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: