Lisa White from Sally..

Tue Feb 12 11:39:24 2002

Dear Lisa, Welcome to the U.S. Adhesions Board, there's one in England and Australia too. Adhesions are terrible. They hurt and they rob you of a lot of the joy of living. Please go to the adhesions site http://www.adhesions.org and read the stories on the quilt. Right now you have intermittent pain which is terrible but better than constant agony.

If you have another operation, and that is your choice, I would recommend you go to an adhesions expert and there are very few around. You need to research it thoroughly. Operations themselves can cause more adhesions which causes more pain. It's a very unpleasant cycle.

I'm not saying "don't get an operation". I'm not a doctor and not in the medical profession. But be careful. I would give a lot to have pain eight times a day instead of all day and all night. Sorry to be such a pessimist. If your body is prone to make adhesions it will probably start making them as soon as you finish the operation. The best thing is to go to the adhesions site and start educating yourself about adhesions. My operations have made my adhesions worse. The pain is stronger now than before the three adhesion surgeries.

May God go with you. Love, Sally

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: