Re: Partial Bowel Obstructions per Kay

Mon Feb 11 15:04:13 2002

I am surfing the net trying to find anyone out there who has similar adhesion problems to mine. In 1989, I had laparscopy due to vomitting and pain, and the surgeon found my colon wrapped around the ovary and attached to my bladder. Small intestion also attached to itself, gall bladder. I was a mess. The tissue was dissected and the mess sorted out. I have done fairly well since then, with a few suspicious illnesses that could have been related to scar tissue. Barium doesn't show any narrowiing.

However, the last several months, I have had flareups (or "episodes") every 10 - 14 days. I'm not in pain, but I start to feel ill--like a fever, but not registering one--and nauseated, although not throwing up. I know it is related to intestines, as the illness happens when I eliminate pencil-thin fecal matter. It takes about 2 days to recover from these episodes. These episodes don't necessarily come with constipation. It's like the pencil-thin stuff builds up beyond the "regular" stuff.

I am considering another exploratory surgery, and everytime I remember how horrible the 1989 surgery was, I put it off, thinking, "well, I do very well most of the time," but these episodes are happening more frequently and lasting longer. It is to the point where I can't commit to anything ahead of time in case I get ill. The illness comes on without warning.

Are there any suggestions? Thank you so very much. I am very frustrated.

Elaine Conlon

P.S. I am 61 years old.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: