Re: Next Surgery?

Thu Jan 24 05:08:20 2002

Hi Janice, and welcome!

I am so glad to read that you have stopped going forward with surgery at this time.  This site is full of great information, simple explinations about the causes & theories as to why they for.  There is also photo's of adhesions for the more curious amongst us too!  The best thing about this site though, is the warmth of welcome, the sincere attitude towards helping, supporting and understanding as well as the opportunity to see the lighter & funnier side of our disability....and the invisibility of it too!

I am glad that you also said you are interested in findin alternative ways to handle & live with pain.  I have several  ways to do this, and my favourite has been discussed on the board previously Lynda - My place and my visualisation technique  this link will take you to a message archived from the board which gives you a step by step guide to how to use the "visualisation" method of relaxing your body, thus reducing the intensity of your pain bringing it down to an easier to "cope" with  level  of pain.

If you want to read more of my diversional therapies, you can search them by typing my name into the search box, it will give you then a list of all of my posts...... :-)

I look forward to hearing from you again soon.

Love & gentle hugs

Jo(Australia)

>From: Sybylsmom@msn.com (Janice)
>Reply-To: adhesions@adhesions.org
>To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS
>Subject: Next Surgery?
>Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 19:22:18 -0600
>
>I want to thank all of you at this site. I went to see my surgeon last
>week and we were talking about another operation for adhesions. I have
>really been reading the quilt and reading all the messages sent here. I
>am learning so much and now feel that I am gaining a little knowledge