Re: OT -- tylenol...

Sun Jan 6 16:30:18 2002

Hi Cathy,

Thanks for all this information. I take Tylenol 2's with codeine not the extra strength Tylenol as they do nothing for my pain at all.

What I was confused about was how come 3 x Tylenol 2's with codeine are more beneficial than 2 x Tylenol 3's with codiene wouldn't it be the same dosage?

I always watch to see how my bowel reacts to the codeine and I am always told to drink LOTS of water while taking it especially after pelvic surgery. I really don't think the codeine makes me constipated though.

Actually my Tylenol 2's don't cost that much, about $14 a month (for 180) compared to about $8 (for 100) for regular extra strength. There really isn't that much difference in price if you go by quantity.

Bye for now

Take care

--
Jayne

>----- Original Message ----- From: "cathy:-" <anonymous@medispecialty.com> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Sunday, January 06, 2002 3:27 PM Subject: OT -- tylenol...

> At Sun, 6 Jan 2002, Jayne wrote: > >...and Tylenol 2's for pain has I need it > >(I actually take 3 at one time when it should be 2). For some reason which > >I can't understand Tylenol 3's don't work as affectively as Tylenol 2's, I > >really find that strange. > > I take 3 tylenols at a time, too. The pediatric doxe of tylenol scales > up from birth to about 100 lbs and is a straight 15mg of tylenol per kg > of body weight. Well, I weigh 225lb, which is just a hair over 100kg, > so if I scale up from the kids dose I should take 1500mg of tylenol -- > which is 3 extra-strength tylenol. I have this constant battle with my > husband, because the bottle says that you should only take 2 at a time. > Sure, 2 at a time is the right amount if you weigh 150lb, and even a bit > of an overdose if you weigh 110lb, but at my weight I need more than > that! I use as my proof what happens if I get a fever. If I take 2 > tylenol the fever will break about a half-hour later, and then it will > come back 2-1/2 hours after that and then I'll have to wait another > miserable hour for another dose. If I take 3, then the fever stays gone > for about 4.5 to 5 hours. > > The other question about the tylenol 3's -- I assume you mean the > combination of tylenol and codeine. They actually have mapped the gene > that determines this, and approx 30% of the population does not react to > codeine at all. I've always had to be very careful about constipation, > and talk about NO effect -- heck codeine doesn't even make ME > constipated LOL! Think of us as like cats: did you know that 20% of cats > are uneffected by catnip? I haven't had any definitive test showing > codeine insensitivity, but I'm pretty suspicious because tylenol 3 > always acts on me according to the amount of tylenol in it. If you look > at the package insert it should tell you how many mg of each thing is in > each pill and then you can do the arithmetic -- and if codeine doesn't > have any effect on you then off course you should stick to just plain > tylenol. It's a heck of a lot safer, not to mention it's a lot cheaper!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: