Re: Adhesions after rectocele repair.

Sat Jan 5 21:46:48 2002

I forgot to mention that during the surgery performed in October 2000 my right fallopian tube was removed due to it being "full of adhesions".

--
Jayne

At Sat, 5 Jan 2002, Jayne wrote: > >In October 2000 I had a vaginal prolapse repair done and a rectocele >repair done at the same time (my third rectocele)the surgery was >performed through a previous incision in my lower abdomen that was done >in 1991. I had no problems after the surgery and healed quite well. > >Unfortunately, by the middle of last year the 'bulge' was back. I went >back to my OB-GYN who, after examination, told me that my large >intestine was protuding through the top of my vagina and it would have >to be repaired. > >However, upon starting the surgery he realized that it was actually a >retocele again and so repaired it but this was after he had already >opened up where he thought my large intestine was protuding. He also >tightened my pelvic floor again. > >This was last September and again I healed well but for the past few >weeks I have been in awful pain. I feel like I'm contispated but I'm >not because I tried using a laxative and nothing happened, if you know >what I mean? When I sit it feels like something is pushing up from my >rectum into the area where my abdominal scar is from the surgeries >performed in 1991 & 2000 and that scar hurts a lot too. When I do have >a BM again the scar hurts. > >I am not a healthy person if you count the many surgeries I have had. I >have had 31 surgeries including a total knee replacement in 1996 at the >age of 36, that failed because of adhesion build up and my knee is now >fused and unable to bend. I had a vaginal hysterectomy at the age of 27 >and since then have had 4 rectoceles repaired, two birch procedures and >one vaginal prolapse repair. > >When I was about 11 I had my appendix removed and had adhesion build-up >from that, in 1999 I also had my gall bladder removed and the surgeon >told me it was full of adhesions. My knee, as I said, also built up too >many adhesions and is the cause of my disability. Now with this past >record I think it's likely that this pain I am experiencing now is >caused by adhesions due to the amount of surgery I have done there. I >have this awful thought that my rectum is stuck to this scar or >something, sounds silly I know but this pain is pretty uncomfortable. > >Do you think this is possible? Am I paranoid about adhesions? If it >could be adhesions what can be done if anything? > >I intend to go and see my OB-GYN over this obviously but I would >appreciate some feedback on this from this forum too. > >Thanks > >-- >Jayne >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: