Re: Looks like everyone is busy!

Mon Dec 31 20:17:15 2001

Hi again Toni!

It is already 2:02pm on January 1, 2002 here in Australia!  We had a nice quiet celebration at home last night with our daughters, we watched the fire works on TV, which are always spectacular on Sydney Harbour, around our famous Opera House and of-course Harbour Bridge.

Today we have basically veged....watching an old movie on TV, listening to music or chatting with our girls.  We are experiencing extreme weather conditions at the moment and most of our state is on alert as bushfires rage through the Blue Mountains, further out west & right up & down the coast line.  We have several friends & relatives who live in some of the danger areas, so watching the news has taken on a new importance here in the last few days.  150 homes were lost on Christmas day alone here and none of our volunteer fire fighters have had an opprtunity to celebrate Christmas or the new year.  Last night the winds were so strong just before sunset that power lines were taken down in a main street and homes & businesses in the next town lost rooves off houses & shops. 

So in your New Year wishes, could you include a wish for a HUGE rain front?   It would help us aussies out quite a bit!

love & hugs

Jo

>From: twelsh1@hotmail.com (toni welsh)
>Reply-To: adhesions@adhesions.org
>To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS
>Subject: Looks like everyone is busy!
>Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 16:05:41 -0600
>
>It appears that you are all busy, and I want to let you all know I hope
>you all have a VERY safe and Happy New Year! I have been doing okay and
>hanging in there, I was wondering how to get to the questionere from
>Helen, I would like to answer it too. We are getting ready to go out