To Sarah

Fri Dec 7 18:21:44 2001

Dear Sarah

Welcome to the board, I am sorry that you are experiencing this kind of pain can be very demoralising.  I have adhesions in the area's you mention and I have experienced pain in the area's you mention also.  I had surgery in April this year to remove adhesions which had trapped my ovaries, the adhesions completely covered the ovaries and were attached to my vagina, bladder, bowel & abdominal wall.

I no longer experience the sharp knife like pain during sex, which I am very grateful for, however I still have considerable pain after intercourse.  I use a number of things to help me cope with this pain.  My husband give's me a neck & shoulder massage while I do a deep breathing exercise.  Many people who experience extraordinary pain aren't aware just how much your body can tense up while experiencing pain, and are surprised at how quickly you can reduce the pain considerably by using diversional therapies (such as a neck & shoulder massage).  While I am having the massage I use a deep breathing exercise where I breath in deeply through my mouth as I slowly count to 10, then I hold that breathe for another slow count of 10, I slowly exhale through my nose again to a count of ten.  This breathing exercise can be repeated 4 or 5 times to help bring your body into a more relaxed state.

I also take pain medication before and after, this also allows me to sleep and recover.  I know that this subject is not an easy one to discuss on the internet, and I have made a conscious decision to do so in order to help others with similar problems. I am currently writing a book, and my husband and I have discussed the importance of including this subject.  We have both agreed that it can not be ignored, as we know there are many others who are having the same problems, and it does help to know that you are not the only one suffering with this problem and that you have the opportunity to discuss it with someone having similar experiences. 

So, Sarah, I hope this helps, if you would like to talk about this, or have more questions, please don't hesitate to email me privately, and if you have msn, we could have a "chat" about it.  My msn & email address is: wallamara@hotmail.com

Love & gentle warm hugs

Jo (Australia)

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: