Re: URGENT VIRUS WARNING

Sun Dec 2 21:19:11 2001

My virus scan program scans every email I receive "automatically" and also does a full scan every morning. I also update my virus definitions every week.

EVERYONE should do this if you care about your computer and your files! NEVER open attachments if you don't do this, they could contain a virus. I always scan attachments first before opening.

Apparently this virus is very rampant right now. It also came to me in someone's email (not from the board) about a week ago. NO, I am not infected because my virus scan caught it. My virus scan wouldn't open the attachment and deleted the email with the virus "immediately" without being opened. I did alert the person who sent it and everyone else in my list.

The virus CAN attach "itself" to email you send out and/or send "itself" to people in your address book. Usually the infected person didn't even send it to you, it attached itself!

If you keep your definitions up to date it can't infect you but "they must be up to date". Simply having a virus scan program means practically nothing if you don't update the definitions. It can only protect you from viruses it knows about and without updating the virus definitions (dat files) you are NOT protected!!

JEAN

"OLD" IS WHEN..... Your sweetie says, "Let's go upstairs and make love," and you answer, "Pick one, I can't do both!" -----Original Message----- From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org]On Behalf Of KathFindlay Sent: Sunday, December 02, 2001 2:24 AM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: URGENT VIRUS WARNING

I received this email from Sarah the other day and yes I have been infected by this Virus and I am still getting about 5 per day which probably means that some of you are infected and are re-infecting me. The only way to stop this vicious circle is for all of you to scan your computers.

\\\\ ( o o) ---------ooo-----(_)-----ooo---------- In Friendship Kath Findlay The UK Adhesion Society kath.findlay@adhesions.org.uk http://www.adhesions.org.uk ----------000----------000------------

-----Original Message----- From: sarah.kings [mailto:sarah.kings@ntlworld.com] Sent: 27 November 2001 12:57

Subject: URGENT VIRUS WARNING

W32.Badtrans.B@mm

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.badtrans.b@mm.ht ml.

This is a name of a virus which a friend of mines computer has been infcetd with, just done a scan and so am I please scan for viruses.There is also a link to give you more info about the virus. It sends itself to addresses in your mail book.

Thanks Sarah

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: