Re: Palliative Medicine in Australia and New Zealand

Fri Nov 30 23:06:42 2001

Lin,

When it comes to searching the internet you need to put in key words. In this case I would probably put in New Zealand Narcotics and maybe pharmacy. You just type in those words all at one time and see what comes up. Well...that didn't work so I typed in New Zealand Pharmaceuticals. This website came up: http://www.palliativedrugs.com

You will have to register on this site...but anyone cand do it. I see mention of the UK here...but it is in referencte to palliative medicine in Australia and New Zealand so they must be discussing your meds. I am typing this as I am looking...that is why this is so wierd. Any way, once you register click on drug names. A list of drugs will come up that are used in palliative care. I assume many of them are probably narcotics. You will need to then type in search, the names of all the drugs and see if they are narcotics or not. Hope this is helpful.

--
Karla

> ----- Original Message ----- From: J&L VERMEY To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Friday, November 30, 2001 9:51 PM Subject: Re: Palliative Medicine in Australia and New Zealand

Karla,

I've got another question: (Hope you don't mind me asking)

Where could I look if I wanted to find out what kind of pain medication is available here in NZ?

I've been reading a lot of stuff lately - mostly American sites - and they name medications for pain relief which I have never heard of - how could I find out what those meds are called over here?

I'm not very experienced with working with the internet - I only started going on a few weeks ago.

Very grateful, indeed, for your help.

Lin

PS I've been looking through that Widomaker site - it's excellent! Thank you for pointing me into that direction!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: