Re: Question?

Fri Nov 30 11:52:27 2001

Lin,

You could very well be lactose intolerant. (no dairy, if you please) But ask your pharmicist....I believe the have over the counter pills to help with this problem now.

Love ya, Rose

At Sat, 1 Dec 2001, J&L VERMEY wrote: >
>Good morning!
>
>It is Saturday morning, I got up at 6 am, I know it sounds ridiculous, but I have slept pretty much all night (jippy!!!) and I wasn't tired anymore. I've made myself a little pot of chamomile tea, and have decided to make some breakfast buns for breakfast!
>
>I love baking bread. And am getting pretty good at it too. John bought me a really nice book - it's got bread recipes from all over the world. I used to use my bread maker to make my dough's, then I'd do the final kneading and shape the bread, and then I'd bake it - but then a few weeks ago my bread maker passed away (and John can't fix it) so now I make my bread dough by hand - I find it wonderfully relaxing.
>
>Anyway, I have a question.
>
>I've been on a pretty strict diet, as you may know, and one of the things I had been avoiding was all dairy products. Then two days ago - when I didn't know what I wanted for lunch I decided to make a cheesy potato bake - which had of course cheese in it - but also a cup of milk. Anyway, lunch was delicious, but afterwards I had a lot of trouble with gastric reflux, and heartburn, and I felt very sick. I didn't think anything much off it. Then that night for dinner I had the left over potato bake - and the same thing happened - reflux, heartburn, nausea. Then yesterday because I'd enjoyed the potato bake so much the previous day I made a similar potato dish, only this one had no cheese in it - it had herbs and garlic in it with one cup of milk. (It was also delicious!) BUT after eating it I again got bad reflux, heartburn and nausea.
>
>Now my question really is - could it be the milk that is causing this reaction?
>
>Yesterday when we went to the supermarket I looked to see if I could find a suitable milk replacement - but all they had was Soya milk - and I'm allergic to Soya!
>
>What do you guys think?
>
>Love,
>
>Lin
>12/1/01 6:38 AM
>
>12/1/01 6:38 AM

--
kcmo ro(se)
ICQ #131145100