Re: Wally from Sally

Thu Nov 29 22:19:54 2001

Gosh Sally,

I didn't realize that party lines still existed. We haven't had them back here in the sticks in probably 35 years. I am surprised to hear that they exist in California. The one thing I did learn is that computer modems are different depending on where you are. My mother and I were given computers by my uncle...mine was a laptop and hers a pc. Both computers had difficulties back here because our phone lines were much different than the "urban" lines of California. I didn't know that there was any difference, but once we both got new modems neither of us had a problem. Maybe this is something for you to look into.

--
Karla

>----- Original Message ----- From: "Sally Grigg" <lostcst@mcn.org> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2001 11:06 PM Subject: Wally from Sally

> Hi, hon, I'm getting groggy after a long, hard day at the Inn. We are > going on a short vacation. Not a moment too soon either. So much to tell > you that I haven't written anything. Does that make sense? Anyway, my > computer is top of the line and two years old, its the phone lines. I'm > happy to have a private phone. Used to be on a 8 party line. Only in > America, land of the loquacious. Gotcha. Love, kisses, hugs, giggles, > and a great big slumber party. Sally > > > >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: