Helen, you may have a point!

Thu Nov 29 19:00:06 2001

Dear Hell-yun,

I may have to do something as drastic as keeping to bed rest next time I am lucky enough to get pregnant again. My GP has told me that he doubts that I will be able to carry a baby to full term (as your sister) and that I will have to have them by C section - I just hope that if that happens that I can be awake for it, I wouldn't want to miss out on that!

There is one thing that worries me a little bit. Will my children inherit my health problems? And how will they feel later on about having a mum who is sick and in pain all the time? I'm also a little bit concerned whether of not I will actually be capable of looking after a baby. I already struggle with my housekeeping, you see, and John has to help me out a lot, plus I have home help for about 2 hours every fortnight, my church arranged it - two ladies come at a time - they come to keep me company, talk and drink a cuppa, as well as helping me with tasks I find difficult - as it was getting all a bit too much for John - who's recently been appointed manager of the electronic business he works for in Hamilton. John design and manufactures computers for the transport industry - much like a black box in an aeroplane. (John is also a rural fire fighter - and is very involved with our local rural fire brigade.)

My family is against my having a baby. They're scared they'll end up looking after it while I'm in hospital. John and I will make sure that that never happens!

My friends say I should go for it - they believe in me - and they say they think I will make a good mother. I know John will make a terrific father - I watch him with my two small nieces - how we love them! He gets on the floor with them, and totally involves himself into their games! They're pretty nuts about their crazy uncle - and about me too. At Louise's 5th birthday party recently we were asked to provide the entertainment - and we were the only relatives present at her party - except of course for her Mum and Dad. I'm always telling the girls stories - I suck them up out of no-where - my sister laughs - she reckons I've got a wonderful imagination - and I've always got the girls hooked, line and sinker. I'm also always singing them songs as well, they can't seem to get enough. I am looking forward to doing that for my own children! (And I'm always so delighted when my sister rings me up to say that the girls wanted to talk to me - would I mind speaking with them! Wendy has even told me once that I can drag information out of her children when they themselves haven't been able to!)

I'll tell you a little secret - I'm a few days over due for my period, but I don't want to get my hopes up and end up with them dashed. But normally I break out into pimples - and I suffer from cramps, and PMT(!) and I've had neither so far....

Well, that's about it from me for today, will keep you up to date!

Hugs,

Lin J

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: