Re: The Difference between Addiction & Tolerance/Sally

Thu Nov 29 13:42:35 2001

Thank you Sally,

I really appreciate getting some perspective on this conflict I've been feeling regarding my parent's attitude towards me.

You talked about reading up on Miss Manners. I'm not familiar with that. Could you explain that to me? I'm curious....

And yes, I'm taking my pain meds regularly now, I've come to the conclusion that there is no use suffering if I don't have to. The info Helen put out about the difference between addiction and tolerance has given me the assurance I needed, and I'm no longer punishing myself because I fear addiction. I understand now that I build up a tolerance to Methadone since I've been on it for the last 4 to 5 years. And I need not be ashamed of that fact. It's funny (though not in the hilarious way) how many people assume I've been hanging out with the wrong crowd just because I use Methadone! Those people usually get very embarrassed and red in the face when I explain to them that I have to take it for pain, and not because I was into drugs for my own pleasure. Some people can be so, what's the word? Judgemental and prejudiced.

Thank you so much for your support!

Love,

Lin

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: