Hi to Hell-yun from Linda the Kiwi

Tue Nov 27 00:42:35 2001

Hi Hell-yun,

Where is NZ? It's those two islands 2000 km's of the east coast of Australia!

Nice to hear from you again. You're so right about dealing with life one day at a time, that's all one can do, isn't it? Congratulations to your half-sister on the birth of her baby girl, she must be so frilled. And yep, I'm not going to give up hope on having one ourselves, if God wills it, it'll happen. But if I keep miscarrying I will see if we can find out why, but not yet, I figure if I relax and don't let it worry me that it'll happen. The only thing is once I do get pregnant I'm going to have to be sensible - for the last two times I got carried away, 'cause I felt so much better then I had done in a really long time - and my doc thinks I may have miscarried both times because I over did things - I started doing things like hanging up my washing on the washing line - something which John normally does for me, as I have been forbidden to do it - as I've pulled a kink into my gut a couple times while hanging the washing out. I guess I really need to use my brain before I go do something, hu?

My parents have just come back from overseas, my Dad's been in Holland for 3 weeks saying goodbye to my grandparents, who are in their late 80's, and who are dying. My mother met Dad in K.L., in Malaysia where they stayed for a week. I just caught up on all the latest gossip with my Mum on the phone, and made some plans for Christmas. We've decided not to buy one another presents this year - which works out well for us, as we're not very well off financially, we're only getting some presents for our two little nieces, as we don't want to deprive them of the joy of Christmas. Instead of presents I'm going to make some traditional Dutch/German fruit breads for my parents, my sister Wendy and her family, and a couple for John and myself.

John is going to help me make some Christmas decorations - since we don't have much in the way of decorations. I just hope I can keep our cats out of our Christmas tree! John still finds it hard cellebrating Christmas when it is summer, and the weather hot, as he's only lived here in NZ for 8 years, and although when we went to Holland for Christmas about 5 years ago I enjoyed the cosy-ness of a winter Christmas I've never felt so cold! Brrrrr! The whole 6 weeks we were there is was -200C!

For now though I'm enjoying the warm weather, it is not too hot yet!

Well, that's it from me today, I've got to start doing some relaxing - as I've been in dreadful pain all day, my doctor gave me a shot of morphine this morning - which helped a lot, but it's warn off now, and I've just swallowed some more Sevredol. I hope it starts to work soon. I also pray that I'll get a better night's sleep tonight, as last night I didn't get too much sleep. If I can't get at least 8 hours sleep a night, I can get totally irrational, not a nice picture, and I don't want to have to resort to taking sleeping pills anymore.

See ya!

Love,

Linda (Lin to my friends)

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: