Re: Questions about Gortex

Sat Nov 24 19:50:52 2001

Christi,

It basically depends. I can tell you that from my experience Gortex will not prevent adhesions from reforming. I know that for a fact. As for any side effects....my body rejected Gortex every time it was put into my body. I don't know that it is harmful....but my body wouldn't accept its placement.

Hope this helps.

--
Karla

>----- Original Message ----- From: "Christi" <micia7@onebox.com> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Saturday, November 24, 2001 8:39 PM Subject: Questions about Gortex

> Hello...new here and just had my 2nd lap on Tuesday for endo. My doc > informed me that my right ovary had adhesions and a rather large endo > cyst on it. He told me that after removing the cyst and adhesions he > wrapped my ovary in Gortex which keeps it from forming the adhesions > again. I have never heard of this before and no one at my endo boards > seems to have heard of it. I saw a pic of my ovary wrapped in the > Gortex and am curious as to if anyone here has had this done or knows of > anyone who's had it done. I'm just not sure what to expect from it. Are > there any side effects? Could there be problems later? Or is it > basically harmless? I don't go back to see my doc until Dec. 7th and am > too curious to wait so if anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it. > > Thanks :-) >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: