Re: Welcome Kimmi & Dave from Sally

Sat Nov 24 11:45:01 2001

Kimmi,

I am not a candidate for transplant or dialysis. With all the problems I have transplant is too risky..they won't consider it and dialysis isn't an option. My daughter is grown...24...but I have 3 grandchildren....2 girls 5 & 3 and a beautiful little baby boy who is wearing angel wings. Because of what they have gone thru I fight each day to stay positive and alive.

--
Karla
http://www.geocities.com/karlasfamily2001
http://www.geocities.com/princessd82000/BraydensHaven

>----- Original Message ----- From: "Kimmi&Dave" <kimmi3@mediaone.net> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Saturday, November 24, 2001 12:33 PM Subject: Re: Welcome Kimmi & Dave from Sally

> Karla, > Hugs.. Can they possible to a kidney transplant? are you having dialysis > done now or is it an option they can offer ? > I am sure this quite difficult for your family.. How old are your children ? > Hugs > Kimmi

>> ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Karla" <ifirgit@new.rr.com> > To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" > <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> > Sent: Saturday, November 24, 2001 1:41 AM > Subject: Re: Welcome Kimmi & Dave from Sally > > > Kimmi, > > > > No I don't have cancer. I am dying because I have adhesions. I am dying > > because I allowed doctors to remove my bladder and now due to repeated > > surgeries my kidneys are failing and they can do nothing to stop them. > Oh, > > right now they are functioning ok....at a reduced level, but ok. My > family > > was told that it was just a matter of time in April...I had been > > hospitalized early in the month with a major infection and then again late > > in the month with kidney failure. With the infections occuring so close > to > > each other they feel that it will be only a matter of time before the > > kidneys shut down and cannot be brought back. Yes, there was hope that > > surgery would correct the problem...I had been waiting for this surgery > for > > about two years...but now have been told that the urologist doesn't feel > > that he can help me...so he won't perform the surgery. I went back to the > > first urologist who got me into this position in the first place and he > says > > he won't touch me either. So now I wait. But as I wait I try to reach > out > > to people like you...who are in the same position I was five years > ago...and > > try to stop them from going down the same road. Kimmi...read my story on > > the quilt. There is just so much to say and I apologize for coming down > on > > you...but I want you to be able to see those kids of yours...for years to > > come. > > > > Karla

>> > ----- Original Message ----- > > From: "Kimmi&Dave" <kimmi3@mediaone.net> > > To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" > > <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> > > Sent: Saturday, November 24, 2001 12:31 AM > > Subject: Re: Welcome Kimmi & Dave from Sally > > > > > Karla, > > > Sorry I made ya scream and make you sick., I was confused on this part > > that > > > you wrote > > > > > > How would you like to be only > > > 45....tired of living your life the way I have to live mine...but know > > that > > > you won't be able to be a wife or a mother....not for very long. > > > > > > Are you terminally Ill? are you dying from cancer? Sorry if its > upsetting. > > > > > > Sorry I can't think of anything else that may help me, I am on my last > > nerve > > > living in pain for 16 years, the last 5 became full chronic pain, I am > > > unable to do so many things, and it makes me feel totally worthless. I > do > > > love and cherish my husband and Kids, and all are awesome, and always > > > willing to help. They constantly ask when I come home from the doctor.. > Is > > > he gonna fix you mommy! > > > Really have nothing to say, Nope not today hon. > > > > > > Well off to bed soon. > > > Hugs > > > kimmi

>> > > ----- Original Message ----- > > > From: "Karla" <ifirgit@new.rr.com> > > > To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" > > > <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> > > > Sent: Saturday, November 24, 2001 12:37 AM > > > Subject: Re: Welcome Kimmi & Dave from Sally > > > > > > > Kimmi, > > > > > > > > I write this with the best of intentions....but I know that there is > > pain > > > > and anger behind it. I read this post and it made me want to scream. > > > > You make the statement that you would rather take a chance at having > > > > something work than living like you do everyday.....Kimmi you have no > > > clue! > > > > It can get worse and I guarantee you it will...with each surgery it > will > > > get > > > > worse and worse. I do the same things you do for pain...they don't > > help. > > > I > > > > have some relief with ms contin and liquid morphine...but not much. > But > > > for > > > > you to say that you are only 34 and you are tired of not being able to > > be > > > a > > > > mother or wife the way you want to be....it makes me ill. I am sorry > to > > > > come down on you...but yes it makes me sick. How would you like to be > > > only > > > > 45....tired of living your life the way I have to live mine...but know > > > that > > > > you won't be able to be a wife or a mother....not for very long. > > > > Because when you were 34 and in so much pain that you would do > anything > > to > > > > have it end...including more surgery...and then more surgery and then > > > > finally need surgery so bad that if you don't have it you will > > die....but > > > > now no surgeon will touch you....even though they know that you will > > die. > > > > Cherish every moment that you have with your husband and your > > kids...even > > > if > > > > they are painfilled and not what you would like to give them....at > least > > > > they are moments that you can treasure. Don't put yourself at risk > for > > > > losing those moments any sooner then you have to. > > > > > > > > Karla > > > >

>> > > > ----- Original Message ----- > > > > From: "Kimmi&Dave" <kimmi3@mediaone.net> > > > > To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" > > > > <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> > > > > Sent: Friday, November 23, 2001 11:17 PM > > > > Subject: Re: Welcome Kimmi & Dave from Sally > > > > > > > > > Sally, > > > > > Thanks for the welcome.And no you won't offend me, everyone is > > entitled > > > to > > > > > their opinion. > > > > > I have had 12 abdominal surgeries, I don't know for me, I would > rather > > > > take > > > > > a shot at having something work that living like I do everyday. Its > a > > > > > possibility that nothing will change or things can get worse but > there > > > is > > > > > also the possibility that at least it might give me a few months or > > > years > > > > > without or less pain maybe that's just living on hopes and dreams. I > > > know > > > > > the pain management doctor always says people who are chronic pain > are > > > > > willing to do anything that offers to be out of pain, and I must be > > > > careful. > > > > > For the most part all the doctors have said no more surgery unless > it > > > > > becomes life threatening because of the amount of surgeries I have > > > already > > > > > had. But 1 doctor my gyn doctor when I see him he says yes and send > me > > > to > > > > > another surgeon because he wants back up just in case something is > in > > > > there > > > > > that's not his field. and the second surgeon replies no lets try > this > > > > first, > > > > > so for 5 years I have been trying this and that and nothing works. I > > > take > > > > so > > > > > much medication to ease off this pain and that doesn't work. I go to > > all > > > > > these PT' programs to ease off pain that doesn't work. I get > > injections > > > > that > > > > > doesn't work. I just need something to work and have to live on that > > > hope > > > > > that something someday work. I am only 34, and I am tired of not > > being > > > > able > > > > > to be the mother and wife I want to be.. > > > > > Hugs > > > > > Kimmi

>> > > > > ----- Original Message ----- > > > > > From: "Sally Grigg" <lostcst@mcn.org> > > > > > To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" > > > > > <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> > > > > > Sent: Thursday, November 22, 2001 12:59 AM > > > > > Subject: Welcome Kimmi & Dave from Sally > > > > > > > > > > > Dear Kimmi, Welcome to the board. I'm sorry its taken so long to > > write > > > > > > to you. My computer broke and I was "stranded" here in the > > wilderness. > > > I > > > > > > wish you would go to the adhesions site http://www.adhesions.org and look > > at > > > > > > everything. The quilt and all our stories would be a good place to > > > > > > start. And please do not be mad at me for what I am about to say, > > but > > > > > > telling your doctor to do a full big cut and take out what ever he > > > feels > > > > > > like ...well, it might not be such a good idea. So many of us > here > > on > > > > > > the board have had surgery after surgery and no one would > recomment > > a > > > > > > full big cut unless it were life or death. > > > > > > > > > > > > I know a lot about pain. Even after your surgery you could be in > > worse > > > > > > pain. I'm so sorry to say that, but its true. We get our hopes > up, > > > and > > > > > > go through the ordeal, but it doesn't necessarily help with > > adhesions. > > > > > > In the last 18 months I've had three laproscopics, one of which > > became > > > > > > a big, full cut because he sliced my bladder. My abdomen was full > > of > > > > > > adhesions and he couldn't see. Now a different doctor with better > > > > > > equipment might not have done that. > > > > > > > > > > > > Anyway, welcome to the board. There's so much information here and > > > great > > > > > > love and support. The emails from Helen Dynda are great. All my > love > > > and > > > > > > any help I can give you are yours for the asking. And I believe > you > > > > > > when you say it hurts so bad that you don't care what they do, but > > you > > > > > > do care, and it could get worse. > > > > > > > > > > > > Lots and lots of water is good. It helps flush you out and can't > > hurt, > > > > > > although I must say, and you know this already, I'm sure, I'm not > a > > > > > > doctor nor do I have medical training just 34 years of experience > > with > > > > > > adhesions. Prayers to you and yours, Sally at > > > http://www.howardcreekranch.com > > > > > > > > > > > > > Helen,Oh that's right forgot you were not US.. Its possible they > > > carry > > > > > > > that drug, you can actually go to an online pharmacy and find > that > > > > > > > out.You know I sometimes wonder where these doctors heads are > > > someday > > > > > > > and its sad we put our lively bodies on the table and let them > do > > > what > > > > > > > is best. So then it becomes live and learn unfortunately.Now if > > you > > > > > > > need another you will have state take all of what you see that > > many > > > > > > > not be the full cause now but those adhesions are going to grow > > and > > > > > > > attach they need to be cleaned up.With Dr Delise which I need to > > > make > > > > > > > an appt myself with him to discuss surgery. He mentioned he > would > > > > > > > start with lap and then what if that wasn't good enough do you > > have > > > a > > > > > > > problem will full inssision. So I try to tell him like this one > we > > > are > > > > > > > approaching you go in there and you do everything that needs to > be > > > > > > > done. If you anything mentions in your brain well this one might > > > > > > > suspect to go bad treat it now.I don't care about the Lap or > full > > > size > > > > > > > cut just do it and do it now.Tonight again my stomach is swollen > > to > > > > > > > the size of a pregnant woman and the pain pressure feels like I > > > could > > > > > > > push out a baby.. Its terrible and you try and relate that one > to > > > male > > > > > > > doctor they have no clue never pregnant don't > understand.hopefully > > > > > > > together we can all get bits and pieces of treatments and get em > > all > > > > > > > together as one and present this to the doctors and say see > > > > > > > FIXME!!! Well hon gotta run.. Happy thanksgiving.Kimmi > > > > > > >

>> > > > > > > ----- Original Message ----- > > > > > > > From: Helen Gibson > > > > > > > To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS > > > > > > > Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2001 9:27 PM > > > > > > > Subject: Kimmi > > > > > > > Dear Kimmi, thanks for the post, I will consult my Drs and > > > > > > > see if I can get a referral to a pain management Dr, I > don't > > > > > > > know how long I will have to wait, but I will get the ball > > > > > > > rolling.As far as him not removing all the adhesions, who > > > > > > > knows what he was thinking, maybe he was in a hurry?, but > at > > > > > > > least I know now what some of the pain is being caused by.I > > > > > > > will ask my Drs about the neurotin, it may be called > another > > > > > > > name over here in OZ, and see if I can take some to see if > > > > > > > it helps at all.Thanks for caring!!hope your having a good > > > > > > > dayLoveHelen G > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > to the unsubscribe form at > > > http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm > > > > > > > > > > to the unsubscribe form at > > http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm > > > > > > > > to the unsubscribe form at > http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm > > > > > > to the unsubscribe form at

http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm > > >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: