need advice, 12 yr old has intest. kink/adhesion

Thu Nov 22 07:38:16 2001

hi, my daughter had meckels diverticulum surgery 3 years ago, lost 3 feet of her intestines then last dec she was operated on for a adhesion. They admitted her to the hospital 2 days ago and a cat scan shows a knuckle kink with some atypical air in the sigmoid colon. She hasn't eaten or drank for 3 days now. She is having pain of 10 with the waves of pain that mimic labor contractions. She has no fever, wbc normal, red blood count alittle high and threeway abdomen x-rays show normal. She has vomited some but not like the past 2 surgeries and her wbc always shot up which made surgery a easy decision. She has been on morpheine and phenotol for the whole time she has been here and she is still in alot of pain. The pain meds are making her dilerious and just feeling bad too. It is thanksgiving and it is so hard to see my daughter like this. The surgeon was here last night and didn't even take his hands out of his pockets to feel her abdomen. I have a friend that has a son that had the same problem, and his blood count was normal, xray normal etc, had waves of pain for 2 days on morpheine, even had bowel movements and they had surgery and they found 12 feet of intestines gangrene, how do i know this is not happening to my daughter, i know surgery will cause more adhesions but she can't go on this way either. Any suggestions??????? i have my laptop here at the hospital so i can get your mail quick. thanks, cathy

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: