Touching base

Wed Nov 21 20:15:35 2001

Hello All:

Just a quick note to say welcome to all the newbies. You've already learned that you have found a wealth of information, education, love, understanding, and support. This group will become one of your foundations for dealing with "chronic long-term non-malignant pain" - at least that's what my GP calls it. I call it sheer He**. Sorry, I was trying to stay positive.

To all the "Regulars": Glad to see that everyone else is keeping up appearances and providing the support needed here. Sorry I'm unable to do my part right now.

Sally: If only we weren't so darned far apart, I could fix your computer. I'm three exams away from my final certification exam, with an average of 95.

Jo, Jean, and Helen C: I enjoy our chats so much. I find it much easier to concentrate on chat conversations than on e-mail.

Karla: I think of you often. Thank you for the jokes and links you've been sending me. I hope that is a sign that you are dealing with everything as best you can.

Christmas is approaching fast, and although we Canadians celebrated Thanksgiving last month, I am thankful that I am not on the hook to prepare Christmas dinner for 13 again this year, although with the renovations nearly complete, it would be much easier to find room for every one. I just don't think I have the strength to do the prep or clean-up from another feast like we had last year. Presents are not yet finished, and we have not decided on what everyone is getting either, when usually I have all my shopping and most of my crafting completed by this time. I guess with the renovations we undertook and the pain levels increasing, time just kind of got away from me.

The "drama trauma" I referred to in a previous post has not alleviated any, I have just resigned myself to dealing with the situation with my daughter by staying away from her. Sad, but the only way I am able to handle it at all.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

Hugs,

Nancy in NB

ICQ 9683431

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: