Dear Lesa from Sally

Wed Nov 14 22:03:36 2001

My dear Lesa, It never rains, but it pours. The water nourishes the earth and it grows back stronger with pretty flowers. So next spring we expect to see daffodils in your belly.

That's silly, but when I read your email, I cried a little, its so hard. Your whole abdomen. Wow. Well, it can and will heal. We insist. I'm sure you're not going to like being compared to cats, but my two remaining invalids from that horrid big, wild DEAD cat, are doing fine. (the others are healed completely) One has an abscess and has scratched me all over, the other has a big hole because the other cat took the meat with him, so its draining well. On to the point. They are just dumb animals, and we have to struggle with them with the medicine, etc. But they're getting better because I insist. And you're going to get better too.

If your present doctor can't do it, there's one out there that can. I don't know much about HMOs, but they sound horrid. How about a letter alarming them from your current doctor about the need for speed. They must be afraid of people who are articulate and who have fifty friends who can write letters or emails, etc. You need to get the help you need. Now. Not later.

Call their office and let them know about this entire abdomen business and just happen to mention that you are the liaison for the United States Adhesion sufferers (I hereby make you liaison for me with Kath in England, Nancy in Canada, and Jo in Australia) for England, Canada, and Australia and you are helping to take a survey (me- rmember that) about medical care. Now you don't really want to get personal with the information in the book that will probably result from all the many efforts and stories, but if you died in the middle of the project, that would most certainly be the focus of the book and the survey. Am I awful? My mind works in strange ways. And Dr. Wiseman might want to make you temporary liaison and you would have to write Kath, Nancy and Jo and tell them your situation.

HMOs make me nervous, because they are usually so slow, somehow, you must convince them that you need help immediately. Sorry to be so weird, but good luck, Love, Sally

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: