Re: This is the procedure that surgeons follow

Tue Nov 13 17:24:11 2001

I'm sorry to argue, but just because these doctors recommend the surgery doesn't mean it is right. My doctor recommended that I have the bladder augmentation surgery too...turns out he was wrong. I didn't need that surgery...I needed them to remove the adhesions. Now that they have totally screwed me up they are refusing to do the surgery that could save my life.

We need to stop the doctors from doing this crap to us...not accepting their word as God. They aren't going to advocate for us...we need to advocate for ourselves.

--
Karla

> ----- Original Message ----- From: KathFindlay To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2001 6:00 PM Subject: This is the procedure that surgeons follow

If you look at the chart below, you will see that pelvic clearance is recommended for Chronic PID but only in extreme cases.

========================== ========

TITLE: PELVIC PAIN

RESOURCE PERSON: PROF NG SOON CHYE

1) DEFINITION

Pain experienced by the female in the pelvis

2) CAUSES

May be gynaecological or non-gynaecological Gynaecological causes result in primary or secondary dysmenorrhoea Non-gynaecological include intestinal, sacral or low lumbar and urinary causes idiopathies

3) CLINICAL APPROACH

3.1 History - PID, IUCD, ectopic, endometriosis 3.2 Physical examination - general, abdominal, pelvic 3.3 Investigation FBC AND ESR CA125 if endometriosis is suspected Gynaecological ultrasound Laparoscopy and hysteroscopy

3.4 Treatment Primary dysmenorrhoea: ovulatory-use oral contraceptive pills or anti- prostaglandins

Chronic PID: adhesiolysis especially at laparoscopy wide-spectrum antibiotics KIV rotational in extreme cases, THBSO and pelvic clearance

Endometriosis:

(a) surgical (b) medical eg. progestogens danazol decapeptyl

http://www.obgyn.nus.edu.sg/qa/pelvicpain.htm

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: