Amitriptyline - one part of my multi-med treatment

Thu Nov 8 10:21:48 2001

All,

I, too take 25 to 50 mg of Amitriptryline at night, but it is only part of my med treatment. I also take Neurontin (Tegretol's side effects got me), Celebrex (another anti-depressant), low dose of diazepam (5 mg) and Vicodin.

I have found it to be very common that there is not just one magic pill for chronic pain sufferers, especially when we have combo-ailments (in my case, ARD, 3 kinds of arthritis, IBS, chronic depression and fibromyalgia). So, my advice is to make sure all your medical problems are diagnosed and treated!!!!

If you are suicidal or having thoughts of suicide (believe me, I've been there).....GET HELP IMMEDIATELY!!!!! A spouse, minister, ER, psychiatrist, a local help line.....there is ALWAYS someone ready and able to help!

I know I'm one of the usually more light hearted members, but that only comes from finally getting ALL the help I needed.....not just meds or PT or counseling, but YOU guys. I am more than willing to give out my phone number to whomever thinks they may need help to get through a rough period. Please e-mail me privately and we can talk.

I know we all have our own private hell to live through, but suicide is not the answer....well, it may be for you, but what about your families and friends? I have lived through a suicide in my family and several attempts by other family members. People left behind after a suicide deal with a great deal of pain, anguish and guilt....yes, guilt. No matter how hard one tries to help another, a 'successful' suicide leaves survivors with a very large, almost unresolvable feeling of guilt that transforms into anger! Is this what you want your loved ones to feel about you when you're gone? It took me a very long time and a couple of suicide attempts myself to learn to deal with the guilt and anger. Forgiveness does not come easily and I had to forgive them and myself.

Sorry about the lecture and I will now get down from my soapbox!

If there is only one bright spot in your day......I feel that is enough to make staying around worth it.

Love you all.

warm and gentle hugs,

--
kcmo ro(se)
ICQ #131145100
If you can't learn to do something well, learn to enjoy doing it
poorly.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: