1st period after lap (Thx for the reply Jo)

Wed Nov 7 17:59:43 2001

Hi Jo - Thanks for the reply - I'm doing much better. I was able to get relief after several hours using Advil, which to me indicates I had a lot of swelling going on. I had tried to do my normal exercises, stretching and treadmill, that morning so I may have aggravated things. I guess I still need to slow down some (it's been almost a month since surgery). I'm being more careful and am waiting to see how this cycle is going to finish out - I'm on the 7th day of my period right now, which really sucks....I hope this isn't a new pattern. :O) I'll be seeing my surgeon in another few weeks for my 8 week follow-up, so I'll mention it then unless it starts to happen more frequently.

Anyway, thanks for replying...

--
Libby

At Tue, 06 Nov 2001, Jo Eslick wrote: > >Hello Libby > >I'm not sure if you have visited us here on the board before so firstly I will say welcome > >We are here to help answer questions, like the one you have posed today, as well as "listen" while you vent, we offer support, love & understanding of your pain, and how that affects every part of your life > >You have had a lot of surgery in the lower abdominal area, so it will take a little time to settle.  One of the most important things you can do for yourself, is keep your Doctor informed....if the pain is troubling you as it obviously is....then I think it is worth ringing him & telling him what is happening.  Unless we keep our doctors informed........they can't give us their best care > >I am concerned that the pain is traveling down your leg, and I hope you are taking it easy & not over doing things.  Keep in touch, and let us know how you are getting on, especially after you ring your doctor and explain the pain you are experiencing. > >Love & warm gentle hugs, > >Jo (Australia) > >  >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: