Re: extensive adhesions left behind in surgery?

Mon Nov 5 20:47:37 2001

Hi Gidge, Welcome to the board.

I understand your concern about having adhesions still in your body, but I think you need to say a prayer of thanks that your doctor had the courage to recognise she didn't have the expertise and skills required to deal with your adhesions.  So often we hear of patients who haven't had such wonderful doctors who blindly try surgery after surgery to correct their original mistakes.....then what of the patient?  It is a very sad but too often spoken story here on the board.

Just in the last few days a very special friend to us on the board, Karla, updated her harrowing story I am including a link here so that you can read it in her words...

• quilt story Karla
  • It is very important that you read her story, there are many others who have followed the same path, only to change directions by some lucky chance, or because they have started visiting the adhesions board.  I have said this before Gidge, we are not without hope...... someday there will be a way of solving our problems, BUT we need to take special care that what we do in the mean time doesn't make the situation so bad, that we join Karla & walk in her shoes.

I am saying this to you, because my abdomen is FULL of adhesions, and I know that some of them involve my bowel, I have accepted that at the moment, surgery isn't the answer for me.....and that's another thing each person has to realise....we are in control of our own destiny....and that particularly includes our health...... the only person who can decide is you.

We will be here to listen to you vent, answer your questions and extend the hand of friendship...adhesions has formed a sticky bond (sorry couldn't resist...needed to lighten my answer to you ), and we share a very special form of friendship, love & understanding....welcome.

love & gentle warm Hugs

Jo (Australia)

Enter keywords:
    Returns per screen: Require all keywords: