Karla

Fri Nov 2 23:38:37 2001

I haven't been on the board for quite some time now. I just haven't had the energy to participate. Now I find myself really needing your support.

I was hospitalized for a week with yet another kidney problem and pneumonia. I went on Monday to the doctor for my follow-up appointment. When the doctor was examining my abdomen he notied an opening in my incision. I didn't think it was too much to worry about...it was very small. But, apparrently the doctor felt otherwise because he presonally called and scheduled my appointment down in Chicago.

I flew down there yesterday and saw my surgeon in the morning. Like I thought, the incision was no problem. But, my blood pressure was quite elevated so they sent me to my internal medicine doctor, who put me in the hospital for the night. They also told me that the urological surgeon who works on my case was refusing to do my surgery. They didn't feel that he was going to change his opinion. He felt that he wasn't going to be able to make things better, therefore, why do it. I was told that if he didn't do the surgery they would not be able to do any of the surgery they had scheduled. This is a real step backwards for me. Now what? I did make a phone call to my original urologist. I hope and pray that he will be willing to do a revision and at the same time can set me up with a new surgeon. My original surgeon retired a few months ago. He was the reason I didn't go back. He was of the opinion taht adhesions dtidn't cause pain...that basically they didn't exist. Perhaps he can find a good surgeon who recognizes adhesions.

God Bless!

Love Karla

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: