Re: ovarian remnant - to Christine

Tue Oct 30 17:24:11 2001

Welcome Christine

I am one of the ladies you referred to as suffering because of an ovary remnant.  Firstly though I want to welcome you to the board, and ask if you are also an adhesions sufferer?  I have extensive adhesions, and really cannot distinguish between pain from the ovary remnant and the adhesions.

However I can tell you that IF I do ovulate, yes I do notice a very distinct sharp pain.  I have been trying different types and brands of HRT and so far the MENOREST 75 Oestradoil Transdermal Patch has suited my lifestyle best.  It stays on for three & a half days and doesn't come unstuck while showering or soaking in the bath.  I was tryingan older style of patch in the last week or so, but kept loosing them!  For some reason they wouldn't stick to my skin properly & I was experiencing very hat flashes.  I have also tried sandrina gel and a tablet, but I can't remember the name of those....

I have been experiencing an increase of pain for the last few weeks, so I  had another ultrasound yesterday, which didn't find anything.  So perhaps the pain is the result of adhesions this time and not the ovary remnant.  Helen Dynda recently (within the last week or two) posted this very interesting information : Ovarian remnant syndrome, I suggest you start here. (just click on the underlined heading)

So far I am on the highest dose of HRT available as a patch, I also use a vaginal cream as it can become dry and tear... leading to other problems.  My ovaries were removed in April of this year, so I haven't lived with this particular part of my problem for long.

I use oxycodone for pain, tryptinol at night & a valium tablet as supplement with the oxycodone when my pain is quite bad, the valium helps relax the muscles....that really goes alomg way to relieving severe pain, it increases when our muscles naturally tense because of pain.

Christine, I also use a number of other strategies to control my pain, including meditation, visualisation, breathing exersises, hat baths, heat packs, reading, music and gentle walks as a part of my overall plan.  If you would like further information on relaxation & visualisation, just let me know.

If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to contact me: wallamara@hotmail.com I hope this helps, please let us know how you are getting on.

love & gentle warm hugs

Jo (Australia)

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: