Re: Older Surgeons to Dolores

Sat Oct 27 08:08:18 2001

Hi Dolores

I did mention that...

*quote* "(please don't misunderstand...because a surgeon is older DOESN'T'T'T mean he isn't good....I am generalising)"

I was relating Gerry's comments to my own experience which I did stress in my message.  I am waiting to see another surgeon, who is also older, HOWEVER he has kept himself up to date, and this is reflected in an initial consultation, or discussion with this Doctor (I have been privileged to have both ... discussion & meeting).  We need to be aware ourselves of current trends, and the latest scientific & medical information  in order to make decisions regarding our own treatment.  THAT was the point I was making with Gerry,..... I trusted my Gyn, without researching and asking questions and without seeking another opinion......  This is what I hope I can do for those who seek information and help here on the board... offer information based on my experiences....I always stress that I am not a medical person, just a fellow adhesions sufferer, reaching out to help others... I also stress that only the individual can make decisions about his or her own treatment.

Thank you for pointing out that older doesn't necessarily mean out dated!

Yours in friendship

Jo (Australia)

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: