Re: abdominal pain - Gerry

Wed Oct 24 06:30:09 2001

Gerry Hi.....

Yeah....the only way you will find out if it is adhesions for sure is to have the "search & destroy" mission as you call it....

It is what happens during and after that "look see" that will determine your recovery/treatment. I would be inclined to ask your surgeon very specific questions before you proceed with this surgery. You need to know a) does he believe adhesions cause pain? b) how does he proceed & treat your organs during this prceedure? (such as minimising touching organs with instruments etc to discourage growth of new adhesions) c) what "clean up" procedure does he use when he exits your body....keep the organs exposed to air moist, clean all cantaminated areas with saline repeatedly during procedure etc.

The most important answer he will give you is the response to question a) do you believe adhesions cause pain? If he says, no not really....or seems evasive or doesn't stress strong belief in the pain issue, find another surgeon....seek a second opinion....maybe even a third. Ask Dr Wiseman, or Helen Dynda for the name of a surgeon in your area.

I hope this helps you Deb, a decision to seek a surgical solution is never an easy & straight forward one to make.

Please add your story to the quilt, you will find mine there...we have a few things similar....hyst for one!

Best wishes & warm gentle hugs, Jo (Australia)

--
P.S. I'm not a doctor or medical person, just a fellow
adhesions sufferer who really wants better treatment
for us all.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: