Re: Finally....answers after 2 years!- Jean

Tue Oct 23 03:30:24 2001

Dear Jean you poor thing!

At least now you have an answer, you are so right! This is going to sound funny 'cause between Shane & I...LOL we seem to have SOMETHING in common with quite a few on the board!! Shane hurt his back a short time after our engagement in an accident at work. He has two crushed discs in the lower lumbar region & it took a long time for it to settle down pain wise. He used pain meds & a T.E.N.S machine...infact he was wearing it under his suit on our wedding day!

He opted not to have surgery back then, because there wasn't a very high success rate & he was so young, he decided to wait & see. Mostly he is ok, but once in a while it plays up when he does heavy physical labour....like painting our five bedroom house! There are seven double windows along just one side!

I can remember the torment of going from doctor to doctor trying to find out what was wrong, and if it could be fixed.... when he finally found a doctor who was able to point to an x-ray & say it's here & here & it's this & this.... we both had this sudden rush of elation! We kept saying why are we happy? It's a permanent injury! BUT it was the fact that we finally had proof that he "wasn't putting it on" and "it wasn't all in his head".....

Recently he had to have an x-ray for something completely unrelated, and our doctor discovered he had actually brocken his back between his shoulder blades! He often complained of a few "niggles" there, but put it down to referred pain.

Now he doesn't take anything for pain, just lays on his back on the loungeroom floor with his knees bent for about 1/2 an hour & it's usually enough.

So I KNOW exactly how you feel to have an answer....and a possible solution! Sheer elation at finding out at last the cause of your pain :-)

Loves ya Jean, hope you get to see that doctor soon

warm hugs Jo ;-)

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: