Lillian-TVH and SSO's??

Sun Oct 21 02:46:26 2001

Lillian, Does that mean I had a "TVH and 2 SSO's" (total vaginal hysterectomy and 2 Singular Salpingoophrectomies)? I had the uterus out vaginally and the ovaries with full abdominal incisions, each at a different time (LOL)?? They told me that a total hysterectomy is when they also take the cervix which they did with me. Inquiring minds want to know (RLOL)!! JEAN

-----Original Message----- From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org]On Behalf Of Msvirgo9459@aol.com Sent: Sunday, October 21, 2001 12:59 AM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Re: Will barrier method work, if there are no female reproductive organs?

Hi Miss Sally, TAH= Total Abdominal Hysterectomy and BSO= Bilateral Salpingoophrectomy=Both ovaries and tubes.I'm sorry I forget not all understand medical terminology.But I think someone else asked that question in that manner so I answered it that way.By the way how are you? I am doing pretty good lately . I have had some good days not as much pain as others and able to manage a little better. I am awaiting a Pain Management appt to see about a hypogastric block. Maybe that will work for me. I see it didn't work for others but unfortunately what works for others doesn't for me.I have allergies to too many meds. Thanks . Love and Painfree wishes for you .Always Lillian

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: